Classic Song: Just Like Heaven



"Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick" says a lady to Robert Smith in the intro to Just Like Heaven and surely enough please Robert Smith show me how you do that trick, that kind of songs, the unforgettable lyrics, those catchy riffs... Just Like Heaven is definitely in my top 3 songs from The Cure and it's the song that introduced The Cure into the mainstream.

Just Like Heaven is the third single from the band's album: Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me and it was released in 1987. It was their first American hit and reached number 40 in the Billboard charts. Praised by the critics since its release and often called one of the best pop songs of the 80s, Just Like Heaven, is definitely a classic song, a perfect love song and one you should dance and sing to.

No comments:

Post a Comment