How to Style: Plaid Skirt


On the runways of the fall/winter 2014 collections there was this trend I was really up for it: plaid. This checkered print was everywhere and on every piece: coats, dresses, trousers, skirts and nails! When I saw this skirt at H&M I bought it without a second thought. It is quite a versatile piece but you have to consider the colors on your plaid piece. This are the ways I style my plaid skirt.





1. Amazing! Wear it with your favorite graphic or band tee. I chose this one because of its burgundy graphics and I thought the hat looked nice and gave a little edge.
2. Mix it! Print on print is definitely a hard style to pull off. If your skirt has big squares try a shirt with less print details like the one I wore is showing more black than the simple white lines. 
3. Bling! I love preppy looks and this short sleeve sequins sweater was perfect to show off a white collar and matched perfectly with my skirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment