Classic Song: Bohemian Rhapsody


I know everything has been said about Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, but I really owe a lot of who I am to this song in particular. It is thanks to Bohemian Rhapsody that I love music and know how to play an instrument and it was this same song that got me into music, before that I wasn't aware of the wonderful world I was missing on.

A perfectly well crafted masterpiece, it's a way to describe Bohemian Rhapsody in a few words. It is frequently placed in several Greatest Songs lists and it recently topped a nationwide poll from the UK on "The Nation's Favorite Number One" in the spawn of 60 years.

Bohemian Rhapsody was released by Queen in October 31, 1975 from their highly acclaimed album "A Night at the Opera". A 5:55 minute song divided into 6 parts: intro, ballad, solo, opera, hard rock and outro. It does sound like a lot is happening in the song, but let me tell you that the changes blend so perfectly well, it is a seaming less piece. I obviously love the entire song, but the ballad part is what makes me feel like I'm in heaven. Simply amazing.

This same day but in 1975, Bohemian Rhapsody topped the UK singles chart and stayed No.1 for 9 consecutive weeks. Various record executives did not like the idea to release a 5:55 minute long single and thought it was destined to failed, but they got proved wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment